automatic renewals with Authorize.net

4 years 8 months ago #313192 by AdvisorProducts
automatic renewals with Authorize.net was created by AdvisorProducts
Can you tell me how CBSubs determines the time of day to submit a renewal charge to Authorize.net when Authorize.net is connected to CBSubs? There seems to be no correlation between the time of day that Authorize.net receives the submission and the time of day shown on the subscription under Subscription Date, Last renewal Date and Expiration date. To clarify, If a sub is purchased at 17:15:00, that time of day also shows in the Last renewal and Expiration columns. But on renewal, Authorize.net may receive it 05:03:15.

We're having an issue where all auto renewals being submitted to Authorize.net before a certain time of day are not updating the Last renewal and Expiraton date fields. Is there a way we can control the earliest time of day when CBsubs is allowed to send renewal requests to Authorize.net?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313193 by beat
Replied by beat on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net
It's not CBSubs, but authorize.net that times the auto-recurring payments.

To my knowledge, they do it once a day in a batch.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 8 months ago #313194 by beat
Regarding your 2nd problem, it might be your setting of how renewals affect the expriation date that is not right. Check setting "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" in Pricing tab of your plans.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

4 years 8 months ago #313195 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net
Thank you for the reply but you are referring to when Authorize processes the actual debiting of funds - and yes, they do a batch run after midnight. That is not the issue. The problem is caused by when the transaction is submitted to them (prior to whenever the processing occurs). I'm trying to find out what determines the submission time.

4 years 8 months ago #313197 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic automatic renewals with Authorize.net
Thank you for the idea but it's not a subscription setting. The same subscription updates fine if the submission time is after a certain time in the morning and fails if it's before that time. It's repeatable. If I could at least determine how to change the submission time, I could work around the issue. There are no controls in Authorize.net to adjust times of day in their ARB window.

Can you confirm that after CBSubs makes the initial payment submission to Authorize.net, CBSubs no longer sends anything to Authorize.net for the renewals, it only receives updates from Authorize.net?

4 years 8 months ago #313199 by beat

AdvisorProducts wrote: Can you confirm that after CBSubs makes the initial payment submission to Authorize.net, CBSubs no longer sends anything to Authorize.net for the renewals, it only receives updates from Authorize.net?

Yes.

Please also read the information note at the top of authorize.net gateway in latest CBSubs. We highly suggest planing a smooth transition to another payment processor supported by CBSubs (e.g. Stripe, Paypal, Ingenico/Ogone).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn