Question: search field in Drop Down (Single Select)

4 years 4 months ago #315795 by ericmuc
OK, thanks much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315805 by ericmuc
Hi,
I did this now and it works. The translated names are now in the list. But the order is of course the order of the language strings in the mysql column and not the order of the translated names.
How can I get the translated names ordered alphabetical? I am using different languages and in every language the order must be set new.
Thanks, best regards
Eric

4 years 4 months ago #315815 by krileon
You won't be able to change the order based off language. There is no programmatic reordering of select labels. It will always be in the order your SQL outputs it in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315818 by ericmuc
Hi,
So I have to add the different languages in an extra column in the mysql table and work with "if" and "language" to select the current column. Can I use the Joomla variable lang$ in Drop Down (Single Select) field?
Thanks, best regards
Eric

4 years 4 months ago #315829 by krileon

So I have to add the different languages in an extra column in the mysql table and work with "if" and "language" to select the current column.

Yes, if the order is that important which in my opinion it's not enough to warrant doing that. Typically you should just order by the English title or by the ISO.

Can I use the Joomla variable lang$ in Drop Down (Single Select) field?

I've no idea what you mean by this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn