1118 Error on CBSubs

3 years 8 months ago #319691 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic 1118 Error on CBSubs
Here is the my.cnf file on the server, as it existed prior to my starting this form thread:
#
# This group is read both both by the client and the server
# use it for options that affect everything
#
[client-server]

#
# include all files from the config directory
#
!includedir /etc/my.cnf.d

[mysqld]
bind-address=127.0.0.1
local-infile=0
log-error=/var/lib/mysql/server1.e3site.com.err
performance_schema = ON
innodb_file_per_table=1
max_allowed_packet=268435456
tmp_table_size=32M
max_heap_table_size=32M
table_open_cache=5000
join_buffer_size=512K
innodb_buffer_pool_size=512M
innodb_log_file_size=64M
query_cache_size=0
query_cache_type=0
query_cache_limit=1M
table_definition_cache=4800
innodb_large_prefix = 1
innodb_file_format = Barracuda
innodb_page_size = 16384
open_files_limit=95000

We are our own host on a dedicated server. So, we can affect things as root. However, these settings pretty much exactly match what your recommendations are.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #319692 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 1118 Error on CBSubs
Your settings all look fine. Best I can suggest is to edit the _cbsubs_plans table manually and convert the following varchar columns to text.

cond_1_plans_required
cond_1_value_1
cond_1_value_2
cond_2_plans_required
cond_2_value_1
cond_2_value_2

That should free up bytes for the other text columns. If it won't let you then you may need to temporarily delete any unused database columns to free up enough bytes to make the change then restore the deleted columns after the changes are done. Next update CBSubs.

I'm not really sure how this could've happened though. I'm not able to reproduce locally. It could be due to the data stored in the table. You could make a copy of the table, empty the original _cbsubs_plans table, update CBSubs, then import the rows back in to let the table changes take place if data pointers are causing row size to be too large before it can change column types, but I can't imagine that'd be the issue unless there's paragraphs of text stored in multiple columns.

There maybe structure issues with that table in CBSubs itself and have added a bug ticket for further investigation to see if we need to make corrections to the table structure.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8099

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319694 by beat
Replied by beat on topic 1118 Error on CBSubs
I'd like to be able to reproduce your issue, so that we understand why it doesn't work for you, and works for me with both mysql engines and also with REDUNDANT InnoDB storage (which is the most hungry one in MySQL 8.0).

What is your exact MySQL version ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 8 months ago #319695 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 1118 Error on CBSubs
If possible please PM a limited access account for your database (using phpmyadmin for example) that only has access to _cbsubs_plans table and can review the structure further. This will at least allow us to review your table structure and try to reproduce locally to see what's going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 8 months ago #319696 by ejde
So, the following columns were all already set to 'text':
cond_1_plans_required
cond_1_value_1
cond_1_value_2
cond_2_plans_required
cond_2_value_1
cond_2_value_2

Of course, like I said, I was able to fix the issue by changing the Storage Engine of the _cbsubs_plans table to 'MyISAM.' I realize that's an outdated engine, and I should be using InnoDB instead. I do have other tables that have their storage engine set to MyISAM, and all other functions across all CB Subs installs on the server seem to be running just fine, and always have.

I'll see what I can do about beat's request to chase the issue deeper with private access.

3 years 8 months ago #319697 by ejde
Hey beat, I forgot to mention. MySQL version is MariaDB 10.3. I have only recently read other posts in the thread that krileon linked that state you and the Joomla project do not support MariaDB. That's news to me! Of course, it greatly concerns me, knowing how heavily invested we are in the Joomla architecture with various accounts on this dedicated server. I literally don't have an easy method to change the database at all in the WHM interface (it's a cpanel server). 10.3 is the latest release for MariaDB, at least...

Here's the informational warning that cpanel presents on the MySQL upgrade page:

Please note that downgrades to previous versions are unsupported. After you upgrade your system to a newer version, it may be impossible to switch back.

Also note that since MariaDB is installed, moving to MySQL 8 is considered a downgrade, and therefore not supported.

We migrated to this server in February, and so it already had MariaDB 10.3 setup. Really, there doesn't appear to much I can do about that at this point...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn