Thanks, but in my scenario it doesn't work so, I think, let me show:

Connectiontypes available = SPGROUP1, SPGROUP2

User 1
do the request
belongs to usergroup = SPGROUP1

User 2
get the request
belongs to usergroup = SPGROUP2

User 2 must accept the requested connection. This is the trigger.

By this following must be done:

User 1
connectiontype with User2 = SPGROUP2

User 2
connectiontype with user1 = SPGROUP1

The current autoaction works for User 1 in my setting. Not for User 2.

Can you please check?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321746 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connection type added regarding usergroup
Then adjust the auto action to account for your situation. I've already provided you a complete and tested example. Why are you needing to add these connection types to begin with? If it's for CB Privacy then you can just use the usergroup privacy rules in CB Privacy and avoid needing to do any of this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago #321753 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Connection type added regarding usergroup
Hi,
OK, I will try to find a solution further on my own.

Why I need this? Because the user shall have the possibility not to make a tab private viewable for the usergroup SPGROUP1 and therefore for all members of it, but only SPGROUP1 members which are connected with him.

Is there another resp. more simple solution for this? May be I oversee something.

Thanks, best regards
Eric

3 years 4 months ago #321756 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connection type added regarding usergroup
It's possible to combine a Connections and Usergroup privacy rule, but they work as an OR case and not an AND case. Is this meant to be optional or is this something you'll be forcing? If you're forcing it CB Conditionals would probably be a better approach since it can check for connection and ACL as an AND case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn