Subscription quandary

3 years 6 days ago #324577 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Subscription quandary
I'll see if I can set up the discounting option with the 14-tax rules I have created, and force the renewal path into the new options.

Maybe multi-part subscriptions could be a consideration in the future? There may be instances where providers would want to be able to offer options to their subscription plans, and a model similar to what we have been discussing could be the beginning of such an enhancement.

As always, thank you for your assistance.

Ed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 days ago - 3 years 5 days ago #324582 by bizguy
Just to finish off this thread.

I have configured my plans as follows:

Parent plan 1
- Child plan 1
- Child plan 2

Parent plan 2
- Child plan 3

I found that I can configure the Conditions > Existing Subscriptions with the Parent requiring each Child, and the Child requiring the Parent with Yes: Those plan(s) can already be existing or can be purchased at the same time option selected. While this doesn't force both Parent-Child selection when the plans are presented, it does stop the subscription processing if an allowed combination is not selected, providing an explanation and backlink so the user can correct their selection.

Here is the actual configuration to my original question:
  • Local Branch Membership (Parent) - initial cost $105 (includes initiation fee) for This Calendar Year > Renewal $75 - nontaxable
  • National Membership #1 (Child) - cost $125 for This Calendar Year - taxable
  • National Membership #2 (Child) - cost $125 for This Calendar Year - taxable

This solution has addressed all the needs of the client.

Thanks,

Ed
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 11 months ago #324718 by bizguy
So contrary to my last post, I have had to change my subscription plans.
I made the existing plans non-renewable for people move to a new stepped tax plan as you suggested. This was because, as you noted you cannot force 2-subscriptions at renewal.

As you recommended, I have configured the "A fixed amount or percentage depending on the corresponding items price" rule as follows:

0-75:0;75+:13%

which according to the information for the rule should apply 13% to the amount over $75, or $16.25 on the $200 subscription. What does happen is it applies 13% to the full amount and calculates the tax at $26.

If you can advise of a rule correction or other, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

2 years 11 months ago #324721 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscription quandary
The tax will always be applied to the full amount. It just won't apply until the price is over $75. So you need to be sure you've adjusted the percentage carefully. If your plans prices are not highly variable as in they don't change much it probably is easier to just use a flat tax amount. We're still investigating the "A fixed amount added/substracted from the item price, plus a percentage" tax rule as it's what you should be using, but does not currently work correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324724 by bizguy
Unfortunately, there are 8 plans and 14 tax rules, so a fixed tax amount will not work.

The problem is CBSubs is not applying the tax rule correctly as I understand it,

The tax will always be applied to the full amount. It just won't apply until the price is over $75.

The tax rule I am using is
0-75:0;75+:13%

On a $200 purchase, CBSubs calculates the tax as $26 when I expected $200-75=125 x 13% = $16.25

Thoughts?

2 years 11 months ago #324725 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Subscription quandary

On a $200 purchase, CBSubs calculates the tax as $26 when I expected $200-75=125 x 13% = $16.25

That is not how it works. That is how "A fixed amount added/substracted from the item price, plus a percentage" is SUPPOSED to work, but doesn't. The staged tax rules are purely checking against the full amount. It is not applying any subtracting behavior. It's just an IF condition against the amount to determine the tax rate (e.g. have lower/higher tax rates based off purchase amount).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn