Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325267 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline
Thanks for clarifying.

So it looks like all I need to set up in the "Substitutions in Thank You messages and workflow Emails" is
1. "Email on pending first payment" and
2. "Email on pending payment of manual renewal" assuming both are meant to target offline (not credit card)

Does the text format accept line break tags?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325269 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email Notification For Users Who Pay-Offline

So it looks like all I need to set up in the "Substitutions in Thank You messages and workflow Emails" is
1. "Email on pending first payment" and
2. "Email on pending payment of manual renewal" assuming both are meant to target offline (not credit card)

Those emails will work for any payment that's pending. It's not specific to offline gateways, but chances of a credit card payment going into a pending state is basically none since they're all instant verifications. I believe the new [PAYMENT_GATEWAY_ID] substitution will work there though and the email won't send if it has an empty message body. So you could surround it with an IF substitution so it really does only send with offline payments. Example as follows.

[cb:if PAYMENT_GATEWAY_ID="GATEWAY_ID_HERE"]
EMAIL BODY HERE
[/cb:if]

Does the text format accept line break tags?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325271 by AlexRag

[cb:if PAYMENT_GATEWAY_ID="GATEWAY_ID_HERE"]
EMAIL BODY HERE
[/cb:if

Just tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I've tried adding the ID in quotes and without.

Gmail doesn't seem to like the <br> or <br/>tags but returns do.

I think to be safe, I will add this to the message in case for some reason, credit card payments get marked as pending somewhere (unless you don't think it's possible with Stripe or PayPal):

"If you paid by credit card, we'll just need to wait for credit card company to process the transaction, before activating your account."

2 years 10 months ago #325276 by krileon

Just tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I've tried adding the ID in quotes and without.

I gave you the exact format to use. Don't remove the quotes. What email is it not working in specifically? Might be too early before a payment gateway has been stored. I don't know if those emails will work though since a subscription doesn't exist yet. Did you make sure that email is even sending first?

Gmail doesn't seem to like the <br> or <br/>tags but returns do.

Don't use HTML line breaks unless you are sending an HTML email, which you can do by adjusting the "Send email in" parameter.

I'm not completely sure I understand why you need to do this. The payment slip page should be used to inform them that subscription is pending payment. If it's just a reminder then I suggest just leaving CBSubs Mailer to remind them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325278 by AlexRag

I gave you the exact format to use. Don't remove the quotes. What email is it not working in specifically? Might be too early before a payment gateway has been stored. I don't know if those emails will work though since a subscription doesn't exist yet. Did you make sure that email is even sending first?

Yes, I tried both ways. The email was sending. Actually the last email test that got sent contained the substitution text within it.

Don't use HTML line breaks unless you are sending an HTML email, which you can do by adjusting the "Send email in" parameter.

Ok. thanks!

I'm not completely sure I understand why you need to do this. The payment slip page should be used to inform them that subscription is pending payment. If it's just a reminder then I suggest just leaving CBSubs Mailer to remind them.

Yes, I could use CBSubs Mailer, but I like the immediacy of the "Email on pending first payment" option. This gives the users some quick assurance/confirmation that there is nothing else to do with the sign up, but send in the payment.

When I was poking around CBSubs Mailer, I did see some other interesting things that can be done with it, so it will get it fair share of use! Especially since it took so long to finally get the cronjob to work!

2 years 10 months ago #325285 by krileon

Yes, I tried both ways. The email was sending. Actually the last email test that got sent contained the substitution text within it.

Ok, looks like those new substitutions were only made available to the invoice process. So they can't be used outside of that it seams. This is due to that email being a part of the plan and not the basket. If you're ok with it sending the email regardless of payment gateway then that email is the best way to instantly let them know their payment is pending. Your alternative is you'll probably have to use CB Auto Actions acting on CBSubs triggers to add a more custom email.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn