[SOLVED] My Activity vs Recent Activity

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325043 by AlexRag
I am trying to figure out how My Activity and Recent Activity differ (i.e. Menu items). From what I can see they look to contain the same series of posts.

Is the Activity Tab in an individual profile the same as "My activity" menu item and contains just things they've engaged with to would it also include posts from connections?

I gather to control who sees which posts is done via the Privacy Plugin? Is what appears visible in the recent activity also based on what your connection's privacy setting are?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325055 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic My Activity vs Recent Activity

I am trying to figure out how My Activity and Recent Activity differ (i.e. Menu items). From what I can see they look to contain the same series of posts.

My Activity = Activity you've created or is targeted at you.
Recent Activity = Everyone's Activity that you have access to

Is the Activity Tab in an individual profile the same as "My activity" menu item and contains just things they've engaged with to would it also include posts from connections?

Yes, but it only shows your connections activity to you while you are looking at it. Others viewing your profile do not see connections activity there. This is the same as Facebook in that when you are viewing it it's like viewing your Home stream.

I gather to control who sees which posts is done via the Privacy Plugin? Is what appears visible in the recent activity also based on what your connection's privacy setting are?

Yes, you can control access to activity using CB Privacy. Yes, inaccessible profiles should have their activity removed from the Recent Activity page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325063 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic My Activity vs Recent Activity
Excellent. Thank you for the clarification. I'm working on tutorial videos and one covers this aspect and wanted to make sure I was clear on how it works.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn