CB Conditional Show/Hide Resets Field Values

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325611 by marriage_minded_man
[#8620] CB Conditional Show/Hide Resets Field Values was created by marriage_minded_man
I have 1 Checkbox field, 1 Editor Text Area field, and 1 File Upload field.

The Editor Text Area and File Upload are set to "Field Conditional Show" if the Checkbox is Equal To 1 (when it is checked off). This part works fine, the 2 fields are shown and hidden based on the checkbox.

However, when data is saved in those two fields and the Checkbox is unchecked (set to 0), and the profile is saved, and the fields are hidden, when the user comes back at a later time and sets the Checkbox to 1 again (to show the fields again), the data of those fields is no longer there.

To be clear:
Checkbox is checked - 2 fields are shown - data entered - profile saved - data shows fine.
User comes back and unchecks checkbox - fields are hidden - profile saved.
User comes back checks Checkbox - the previously saved data is no longer there (it has been deleted).

The "Reset" option under the CB Conditional Tab, whether set to "Yes", "No", or "Same as Global", makes no difference at all.

How do I get the data to stay in the fields after the fields have been hidden, so that the user show them again and continue to edit/add to them?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325617 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional Show/Hide Resets Field Values
Looks like a bug. Setting "Reset" to "No" should be preventing that. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further as was able to confirm it's not working as expected. Only way to disable the resetting at the moment is to do so globally within CB Conditional plugin parameters, but this will impact all conditions.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8620

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325620 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional Show/Hide Resets Field Values
Ok, this is now fixed in latest CB Conditional release. Have replaced how it keeps track of if a field should reset or not with a more reliable implementation and confirmed working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marriage_minded_man

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn