[SOLVED] CBSubs Substitutions inside Profile Custom HTML Field

2 years 5 months ago #326887 by krileon
You won't be able to since the displayed behavior doesn't work there and is only for direct profile access. Have added a feature ticket to improve CBSubs substitutions. We added support for nested substitutions in core CB, but it wasn't added to CBSubs otherwise you would just do user="[user_id]".

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8765

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326888 by krileon
Actually depending on the substitution order you might be able to just use user="[user_id]". Please give that a try and see if that solves your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326889 by galanopd
I tried but it doesn't work.

Looking forward to receiving the update.

Thank you Kyle

2 years 5 months ago #326890 by krileon
Ok, I don't have a solution for you then at this time. This will require some major reworking to consider so I can't offer a timeframe for when this will be available, but am reviewing the code now to see how we can further improve this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 5 months ago #326904 by krileon
Ok, believe I've found an acceptable solution.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8767

Am reviewing extending #displayed support to userlist rows and profile edit. This would mean profile view, profile edit, and per-row on userlists would set its value correctly so Custom HTML fields can display as expected there.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 5 months ago #326914 by krileon
This is now fixed in CB 2.6.4 released just now. You'll be able to use #displayed in userlists, profile view, and profile edit. Before it only worked in profile view which caused inconsistent behavior with Custom HTML fields in other profile displays.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn