CB Activity and iOS

2 years 3 months ago #328074 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity and iOS

All videos should show their first frame as a thumbnail. You can also upload a custom thumbnail if needed on the medias edit page.

If it's a video recorded by iOS with MOV format there are no thumbnail until you play the video. That's why I asked.

Our users will mainly use video uploads via iPhone camera like a native app.

That's also why I asked about getUserMedia if it could replace file input :-)

I'm guessing you want to support users directly streaming video to an upload?

Exactly ;-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #328076 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity and iOS

If it's a video recorded by iOS with MOV format there are no thumbnail until you play the video. That's why I asked.

That would probably be fixed by the below feature then to automate thumbnail capture.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8842

Our users will mainly use video uploads via iPhone camera like a native app.

That's also why I asked about getUserMedia if it could replace file input

That's not supported at this time, but have added a feature ticket to look into it further. Seams easy enough to support for a future release, but it won't be anytime soon as I need to finish CB Activity 6.0.0.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8844

You're welcome to try implementing it yourself in the meantime. Looks like it might just be a matter of adding an attribute to the file input and requesting permissions, but unsure if that'll work with CB Gallery ajax upload method.

developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/media/recording-video

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #328096 by activha
I tried to simply replace lines 218 and 219 in activity_new.php like this
//. '<strong><span class="fa fa-upload"></span> ' . CBTxt::T( 'Click or Drag & Drop to Upload' ) . '</strong>'

//.  '<input type="file" name="upload" class="galleryShareUpload hidden" multiple />'
. '<strong><span class="fad fa-camera fa-5x mb-1"></span> <br>' . CBTxt::T( 'Click or Drag & Drop to Upload' ) . '</strong>'
. '<input type="file" name="upload" class="galleryShareUpload hidden" multiple accept="video/image/*" capture>'

and this seems to work perfectly well :-)
On desktops it still show the file explorer to add files, and on smartphones it fires directly the camera for photos or videos, then the photo/video is nicely uploaded and displayed.

Now if I could replace these lines with an auto action ?? ;-)
For now I simply wrote a new template file

2 years 3 months ago #328100 by krileon
You might be able to use gallery_onAfterItemsNew trigger to output some JS to add that attribute to galleryShareUpload.

For the official implementation I'll probably have a separate button for captures as a user might not want to upload a capture, but upload a file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 3 months ago #328102 by activha
Excellent idea as on smartphones there is no choice :-)

Will it be in CB 6 ?

2 years 3 months ago #328107 by krileon

Will it be in CB 6 ?

In CB Activity 6.0.0? No, this won't be in CB Activity 6.0.0 as it's an improvement that needs to be made in CB Gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn