Change error message type

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #327902 by boyjahq
Change error message type was created by boyjahq
We want to change the format of an error message that shows for some users under certain conditions.

The message is generated from UE_REGISTERFORPROFILE

Looks like this on frontend:

We understand how to change the text of the message. We want to change it from Message Type Error to another message type, for example message type "Message" or "Notice" or "Attention".

What is the best way to accomplish this? Is this something we can do in Template Overrides? If so, how can we figure out which code to use?

When we inspect element, this is what we see:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327907 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change error message type
We provide no functionality for changing message types. Best I can suggest is write custom CSS to restyle it however you like. Joomla adds component and view specific classes to the <body> element so you can use those classes to only override it there as well. Believe you can also use a Joomla template override and change all error messages to notices if you want the change sitewide.

Alternatively you can use CB Auto Actions acting on onBeforeUserProfileAccess trigger and conditioning that [var2] is not empty and trigger a redirect using a Redirect action to send them somewhere else with whatever message you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn