Create group activity by Internal Action URL

1 year 8 months ago #330354 by PaceOnline
We would like to create activity in our group streams by URL and were wondering which is the best way to go about it? There seem to be two potential auto actions we can use the activity and the stream actions but it is unclear which is better. There are 4 main types of activity we would like to post to our groups via url 1. Group text posts, 2. Group photos 3. Group Files and 4 comments. How can we use auto actions to do this via substitution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create group activity by Internal Action URL
You'll need to use a CB Activity action type in CB Auto Actions then set Mode to Activity and Method to Create. It's important that the Asset be accurate though. GJ activity should always be either the following or prefixed by the following.

groupjive.group.GROUP_ID

Suggest checking out existing activity auto actions in CB Auto Actions > System Actions for some examples.

What features are available to create from there are all noted in the parameters. It is not possible to create everything from there however as a lot of activity for example does all of its displaying processing on display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn