Strange result when running Url of cron task in CBSubs Mass expiry settings...

6 months 2 weeks ago #335391 by boyjahq
I figured out that if we are logged into the front end as a registered user, it is their ACL/Permissions that determine whether the cron task will run properly. If we make sure that we are not logged into the frontend as a standard registered user, all works well...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 2 weeks ago #335395 by krileon
That likely means you've something on frontend that only displays to logged in users that's messing with the output buffer. That URL should result in a completely blank page. If any HTML is rendered on it then something is conflicting with it. Could be a Joomla module or Joomla system plugin. You however shouldn't need to run the URLs manually. They're meant to be ran from a CRON Task, which will always be a public user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 2 weeks ago #335410 by boyjahq

You however shouldn't need to run the URLs manually. They're meant to be ran from a CRON Task, which will always be a public user.

I understand that it is meant to be used as a cron job. But sometimes we make changes to content of notification emails and we run the task manually in order to generate messages to check that what we have done is showing up properly. 

6 months 2 weeks ago #335416 by krileon
Best I can suggest then is open the URL in an incognito browser window. I don't know what more to recommend as the issue is with something on your site impacting the Joomla component output. You would need to find what's doing that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn