Activity feed - including activity of my connections but not myself

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #330965 by ds-sric-support
Hello,

How can I a present a page with activity of my connections, not including myself. When building a menu item against the CB Activity plugin, whatever I add to 'asset' doesn't seem to affect the output at all?

Thanks

Dave

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #330978 by krileon
Review the description of the Asset parameter carefully as it provides several examples for you. There's special assets for outputting specifically connections only. Be sure you've selected Activity as the action in your menu item as well since Recent Activity has a forced Asset of "all".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331037 by ds-sric-support
Thanks. I've moved onto working with Activity as a field type, in which the same concept of the asset apply.

I'm not clear on how to combine (with an 'and') asset designations - i.e. I want to output a list of discussion group activity by my connections. I can do one or other other (i.e display all discussion group activity or all activity by my connections)

Does the comma here equate to an 'or'?

groupjive.%,displayed.connectionsonly

1 year 5 months ago #331039 by krileon
There is no "and" behavior in assets. Yes, comma is "or". This will be possible in currently being developed CB Activity 6.0.0 though as you'll be able to explicitly set what users you want asset to compare against (even for the default filter). For now the only way to have what you're wanting is via a Filter. For example the below filter would work.

Assets: groupjive.%
Users: connections

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331041 by ds-sric-support
Thanks for the quick response!

That's interesting and might help me out in another use case, but I need to avoid a front-end interaction delivering the filtered view - as I'm trying to plug this field output into an AcyMailing email template. (If you have any other insight into how I might accomplish a filtered activity feed in this scenario I'd love to know)

Thanks

1 year 5 months ago #331044 by krileon
You're trying to send the activity field in a AcyMailing email? I don't think that'll work. Especially given none of the CSS is going to be applied. I don't have any other solution for you in regards to filtering the activity as support for what you're wanting is already coming in next major CB Activity release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn