Sorting problem

1 year 6 months ago #331058 by lsuarez317
Sorting problem was created by lsuarez317
Is there any way to load multiple lists on same page or Is there any way to create a sub-sort ?

Here's my problem; I have a list based on a specific filter. Within that list I want to list leaders in a specific order (CEO, CFO, MANAGER, etc.). Seems I can only list by alpha ASC or DESC. I've tried to change field values numerically and leave the values as their title descriptors, but it doesn't change anything. 

Is there an Advanced Sorting solution to this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331060 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sorting problem
Advanced Sorting lets you sort your list by directly altering the userlist SQL. Sounds like you need advanced sorting. Simply select it as the sorting option under the Sorting tab in your userlist and provide the needed ORDER BY SQL. Examples are provided in the description of the advanced sorting textarea parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #331061 by lsuarez317
Replied by lsuarez317 on topic Sorting problem
When I use the example in tooltip it works great. However, I can't seem to get the query to pull the columns fields I want

1 year 6 months ago #331065 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sorting problem
I can't help you with that. I've no idea what your column fields are or how exactly you're wanting to display them. You'll need to write the necessary SQL for that. You've full access to the ORDER BY clause of the SQL in Advanced Sorting so you're only limited by what SQL supports there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds