Newest Support Documentation for CB Package Builder

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #332402 by jamesmoeller
Replied by jamesmoeller on topic Newest Support Documentation for CB Package Builder
Overview of Presets and Tokens within the context of Package Builder"

Can you provide brief overviews of how Presets and Tokens are used within the context of CB Package Builder?
I wasn't able to find much info on these.

It looks like there is 1 preset configured in the demo. This seems like it is a special implementation of a Package that contains multiple packages together in a single download. Is that basically correct?

Wasn't able to find any info on how Tokens are used.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332433 by jamesmoeller
Replied by jamesmoeller on topic Newest Support Documentation for CB Package Builder

Overview of Presets and Tokens within the context of Package Builder"

Can you provide brief overviews of how Presets and Tokens are used within the context of CB Package Builder?
I wasn't able to find much info on these.

It looks like there is 1 preset configured in the demo. This seems like it is a special implementation of a Package that contains multiple packages together in a single download. Is that basically correct?

Thanks.

Any overview guidance on using presets and tokens?

1 year 3 months ago #332434 by jamesmoeller
Overview of using CBSubs with Package Builder:

Could you provide some overview guidance on using CBSubs with Package Builder?
I have CBSubs working fine on my site, a few plans setup, using the dummy payment gateway, etc. All works well.
I've also got the CBSubs Package Builder plugin installed and published.
Is the basic strategy to create a subscription plan and then apply that plan to a particular download package via the Integrations tab for that download?
Or is there a specific way to purchase and track the specific download package?

I'm also looking at enabling users who are not registered with my site, to purchase download packages. So, essentially allowing guests to purchase download packages.
Is that possible, or do the users need to be registered with the site?

1 year 3 months ago #332440 by krileon

You are completely correct on what Presets are. They're just preset bundles of packages.

Tokens are used to allow download access by authenticating against the user the token is assigned to. They're primarily used by the web view used by our Install from Web within CB. They likely won't be relevant to your specific needs unless developing something similar.

Is the basic strategy to create a subscription plan and then apply that plan to a particular download package via the Integrations tab for that download?

Correct. It will handle access automatically once you've assigned the package a plan.

Or is there a specific way to purchase and track the specific download package?

No, purchasing is entirely handled by CBSubs.

I'm also looking at enabling users who are not registered with my site, to purchase download packages. So, essentially allowing guests to purchase download packages.
Is that possible, or do the users need to be registered with the site?

CBSubs requires a user for purchases so no that won't be possible using CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 days ago #333604 by activha
A quick question about this : How can I fill the data regarding hits, dates, sizes in the small boxes.
I guess it's an xml file but how can I write it and where should it be located ? in the same download folder as the package ?

1 year 4 days ago #333605 by krileon
Hits is just a parameter within the Package/Preset when configuring it. Date/Size is entirely automated and is pulled from the file itself. Date being the modified date of the file and size being its filesize.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn