Substitutions and Code Field

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332540 by laurent.peythieux
Substitutions and Code Field was created by laurent.peythieux
Hello,

I use a code field to load a simple external app. You can see screenshot.

Each tab call a specific URL.

This works fine but instead of showing the app in the profile, i would like to display it when users click on a link menu.

I tried to dispay tabs and/or fields by using substitutions in an article but it only display the text part of my exteral app (field and button are invisible),

Any idea ?
Thanks.
Laurent

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332544 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Substitutions and Code Field
If you want it to just be a page and not a field at all you can use CB Auto Actions for that. Create an auto action in CB Auto Actions > Auto Actions with the following.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Code
User: Self
Access: Everybody
Code
Method: PHP
Code: YOUR_PHP_HERE
Output
Display: return

Now save your auto action. You should find a URL to directly access it under the Global tab. You can now also create a Joomla menu item to your auto action by setting menu type to Community Builder > Plugin followed by setting Plugin to CB Auto Actions.

If you want it to be a field AND a page you can use CB Content Bot to substitute the field into a Joomla article then create a Joomla menu item to that article. For substitution usage information see the below tutorial. Be sure to use a userfield substitute for this so it outputs formatted displays.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn