payment gateway

1 year 2 months ago #332559 by tto
payment gateway was created by tto
Hello

I am working with a developer to create a new payment gateway, and have a few questions about failed transactions.

1- When a failed transaction is returned from the gateway, CB is showing: No suitable basket found.

- Is this normal behavior or an issue with the code?
- What does "No suitable basket found" mean?
- Shouldn't it show an option to re-try the payment?

2- When the user tries to pay again for a failed transaction, the transaction is sent to the gateway with the old transaction id number, which is rejected by the gateway for a high-risk score. 

- Is this normal behavior or an issue with the code?
- Shouldn't it use a new id? Or delete the old one if failed?

Thank you 

Regards,

Tariq
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332560 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic payment gateway
Normal behavior is subjective to your implementation. If failed payments aren't returning properly to your site it usually means the cancel URL was not constructed and given to the gateway so it can return to a specific baskets cancel URL, which will redisplay the basket to select a new payment method. This is typically done with the below API call inside of a gateway.
$this->getCancelUrl( $paymentBasket )

What transaction id you send to the payment gateway is entirely up to you. CBSubs does not generate new invoice ids on payment failure or cancellation. If you need to do such a thing take a look at our Quickpay implementation which ensures an invoice id set to the payment provider is always unique (even for cancellations and failures).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tto

1 year 2 months ago #332583 by tto
Replied by tto on topic payment gateway
Thank you for your reply Krileon

We did the cancel URL API call, however, it did not redisplay the basket and returned with "Your transaction is not cleared and has currently following status: Denied."

What could be wrong?

thanks again,

Regards,

Tariq
Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #332587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic payment gateway

What could be wrong?

I don't know. I didn't create the gateway you're using. What your gateway does during a cancellation is entirely on the implementation. If it's a hosted payments gateway that's extending the cbpaidHostedPagePayHandler class then the handleCancel function is called to deal with cancels. Typically you need to put the basket in a RedisplayOriginalBasket state during cancel for hosted payments. Take a look at Quickpay for an example as it's a pretty minimal gateway implementation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds