Icons and info not displaying on Profile

1 year 1 month ago #332884 by fdinkler
CB is configured as Field Icons = "All Icons ..."
Every field is configured as "Icon Display = "Normal CB Default", and Input Description = "Yes"
Profile shows no icons, no tooltip, nothing when hovering...
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #332886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Icons and info not displaying on Profile
Seams to be displaying perfectly fine in my tests.

Setting

Display

They only display if relevant. Required icons only show for fields marked required. Info icons only show for fields with a description. Visibility icon should always show based off profile visibility. Fields can override this though and there's a few plugin fields that likely do (e.g. custom html, code, query, privacy, and CB Connect fields).

Profile shows no icons, no tooltip, nothing when hovering...

If input/label hover is not showing tooltips either then something is breaking all of this. Ensure your install is completely up to date. If you've Custom HTML fields or are rendering custom HTML anywhere be sure you don't have broken HTML as an unclosed HTML tag can easily destroy a pages ability to function. Press F12 and check the console tab then refresh the page to see if there's any fatal JS errors that could be causing problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #332939 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic Icons and info not displaying on Profile
Checked all HTML fields - none of them were poorly formatted (using JCE)
Browser Dev Toolkit isn't showing any JS errors
This is happening on both of my sites J4 sites.

NOTE:  Of interest, the icons are displaying in the Registration form...  just not in any profile tabs

I confirmed the icons do show on the Edit view, but not on the Profile view - is this expected behavior? 
I would expect Info icons to show on Profile view...

1 year 1 month ago #332940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Icons and info not displaying on Profile
Those icons have never displayed in profile view. There are no plans for them to. They don't have any purpose there as they're meant to assist with editing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn