Social media Sharing Activity posts

1 year 1 month ago #332900 by liaskas
Social media Sharing Activity posts was created by liaskas
Hello
I have modified the template of cb activity and in the container file i have created a link to share each activity to linkedin.

The sharing works fine, the post is shared according to the id of each post.

The remaining problem is that when someone clicks on my linked in post to visit the specific post, he is not redirected to the specific post, but he is redirected to the activity page that all the posts display.

I know that cb activity has no sharing option till now, but i have come this far and i thought of asking the experts before giving up.

Is there any advise that you can give me?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #332901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Social media Sharing Activity posts
When sharing be sure to send the following URL if you want to directly link to an activity entry.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&func=show&id=ACTIVITY_ID

ACTIVITY_ID needs to be the id of the activity entry you're sharing. Example using our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&func=show&id=339

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #332903 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Social media Sharing Activity posts
Unfortunately not!

Now when someone is clicking in the linkedin post he is tedirected to my homepage.

There is something happening with the canonical url.

The link i used before was domain.com/timeline&id=ACTIVITY_ID
The linked in post inspector showed...

URL informationLast scrapedin a few secondsFetched URLhttps://domain.com/timeline?id=3446Canonical URLhttps://domain.com/timelineURL redirect trail1200 Successhttps://domain.com/timeline?id=3446
Then i tried the url you suggested in your previous post....

But the link from linkedin redirects me to the Canonical Url mentioned above.

Then i used the suggestion of your previous post.
domain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&func=show&id=ACTIVITY_ID

The post inspector shows the following....

URL informationLast scrapeda few seconds agoFetched URLhttps://domain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&func=show&id=3446Canonical URLhttps://domain.com/index.phpURL redirect trail1200 Successhttps://domain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&func=show&id=3446 

and the post on linked in redirects me to my homepage.

So if i understand right the active link in in linkedin is the Canonical url.

This does not happen in other cb pages like profiles.

1 year 1 month ago #332905 by krileon
Add &Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE to the URL so you can force it to a specific Joomla menu item. If Itemid is missing Joomla just acts like you're using the Home menu item. Usually setting MENU_ID_HERE to the recent activity page menu item will do the trick.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #332907 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Social media Sharing Activity posts
I added &Itemid=156
so the URL is now domain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&func=show&id=3446&Itemid=156
But the result is the same.

From linkedin i am redirected to homepage.

The canonical url in post inspector remains domain.com/index.php

My menu item is Activity. Not Recent activity. I do not know if it has something to do with the result.

Now that you mentioned menu item... is there a menu item to a particular activity post?

1 year 1 month ago #332912 by krileon
Something on your site is either redirecting away or rewriting the URL for whatever reason. The URL is correct and you can confirm as much directly on out demosite.

RAW:
demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&func=show&id=339

SEO:
demo.cbdemosites.com/community/recent-activity?id=339

Does directly accessing the URL instead of through Linkedin work? If so it's also possible Linkedin is only linking to the domain and not the full URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn