Social media Sharing Activity posts

1 year 2 months ago #332931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Social media Sharing Activity posts

What is the best header selection for this situation on cb_redirect?

Whatever you like. You can leave it as default 301 permanent moved or 200 ok would also be fine.

Also... there is probably something wrong with the From URL...With %/activity-posts/(\d+)%i if i provide as a url  domain.com/activity-posts/3453  in the browser,
i get all the activity-posts page with all the posts, while we need the post with id 3453.

Please use my exact example above. It is tested working on Joomla 4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332932 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Social media Sharing Activity posts
I tried the same on your demo site and i got exactly the same issue with our site.
Created a redirection

demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-activity/recent-activity?id=339  works fine returns only the post with id 339.
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-activity/recent-activity/339 does not work. Returns the same as... demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-activity/recent-activity like there is no "/339" in the URL.

Exactly the same problem we face on our site:

Our activity page is here: domain.com/timeline
domain.com/timeline?id=3441 works fine returns only the post with id 3441.
domain.com/timeline/3441 does not work. Returns exactly the same as... domain.com/timeline like there is no "/3441" in the URL.
Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332934 by krileon
It can't redirect a valid URL. It's a custom 404 redirect plugin. So the URL you're trying to redirect from can't actually exist. So whatever URL you use should normally throw a 404. If it's not then the redirect won't work. Additionally be sure you've the following SEO settings in Joomla to use SEF URLs.

Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
Use URL Rewriting: Yes

If issue persists please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look. It's possible something else is intercepting the URL and preventing the redirect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332936 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Social media Sharing Activity posts
Thank you for your help Krileon.

PM was sent.

1 year 2 months ago #332938 by krileon
Redirects work fine on your site, but as explained above you cannot use a URL that does not exist. You're using a menu alias in your URL. Specifically /timeline. That URL exists. So Joomla's 404 behavior will never fire. CB Redirect Bot is a custom 404 redirect plugin. It cannot hijack legitimate URLs.

I've created an example on your site using /doesnotexist/ACTIVITY-ID which works fine. Give the following a try and you'll see that it redirects properly.

/doesnotexist/3340

What you redirect from can be anything you want with the only exception being it cannot already exist within Joomla as a valid route.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn