CB Activity automated comments

1 year 1 month ago #332933 by activha
CB Activity automated comments was created by activha
Hi
I'd like to use CB Activity autoactions to automatically generate and publish comments.

Could you tell me what autoactions and triggers would be the best for this ? 

The comment will be generated by our new IA integration with system as owner.

I was thinking at submitting a first comment when we save the activity with the triggers activity_onAfterCreateStreamActivity and activity_onAfterUpdateStreamActivity but don't know if it's best to use a code field of an activity field ? maybe better to integrate in the code we use now to save our custom activities ?

And then I'd like to submit a new comment on a pre defined time frame, say each day for a week then each week for a month then each month.

Could you share your thoughts and ideas about this before I jump on coding ;-)

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #332935 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity automated comments
If you don't need the comment to fire triggers to run other processes I'd recommend just directly inserting it into the database using SQL. Otherwise use a CB Activity action type and set Mode to Comment and Method to Create.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #332944 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity automated comments
You're right SQL could be the safest and quickest option.
Do you have time features in auto actions to trigger it at some specific time points ?
Or is it best to all integrate in my code page ?

1 year 1 month ago #332945 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity automated comments
I recommend setting Triggers to None then use a CRON task to schedule running an auto action regularly on whatever schedule you need.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

1 year 1 month ago #332946 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity automated comments
Excellent idea 💡
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn