1 year 4 weeks ago #333062 by activha
CB DropDown field was created by activha
Hello

I need to build a CB DropDown field with more than 200 values on the model :
values     label
1             x1 par activation
2             x2 par activation
3             x3 par activation

In order to avoid entering hundreds of values in the field, what would be my best option ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 weeks ago #333063 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB DropDown field
The new filterable feature in CB Query Field solves exactly that issue. My blog post below goes into detail and provides examples of how to use it.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19012-cb-query-field-6-2-0-and-cb-code-field-2-2-0

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 weeks ago #333064 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB DropDown field
Nice upgrade :-)

For my purpose this still means that I need to build a table with all options and labels ?

Isn't it possible to build a code to display value/label up to 1000 for instance ? instead of adding a table ?

1 year 3 weeks ago #333067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB DropDown field

For my purpose this still means that I need to build a table with all options and labels ?

Yes.

Isn't it possible to build a code to display value/label up to 1000 for instance ? instead of adding a table 

Code Select from CB Code Field does not have filterable selects so while you could do this you'll have a dropdown with 1000 options and will be completely unusable. Using a table with a Query Select will be a significantly better approach. I can review adding filterable support to Code Selects and have created a feature ticket for this, but it's a bit more tricky to implement for such field types.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9137

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds