CB Activity issue with authorizations

1 year 1 month ago #333088 by activha
CB Activity issue with authorizations was created by activha
Hello

I have an issue with CB Activity.

I need to overwrite CB Privacy rules for some kinds of assets which need to always be public when displayed with a special menu item.

All activities displayed by index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&itemId=8125&id=xxx should stay public whatever privacy settings are chosen by the user for this activity id.

All these activities will share the same asset model : activha.group.GROUP_ID.event.EVENT_ID.activation.USER_ID 
GROUP_ID : belongs to CATEGORY_ID = 13
EVENT_ID : belongs to above groups

We did not even notice these until our demo account set a privacy rule to Connections of Connections instead of Public.

Could you tell me how to achieve this ? is there any autoaction that I can use ?

Thanks for the help.

Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333090 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity issue with authorizations
You can make copies of the privacy auto actions used to add privacy controls and privacy checks in CB Auto Actions > System Actions to CB Activity then add conditions to exclude your assets.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333098 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity issue with authorizations
I see ... good idea

Do you mean that I need to change the way activity privacy rules is set ? or only condition it being not my assets ?

Or do I need also to change the CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized ?

I don't really see how to exclude my assets from these rules

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333100 by krileon
At the bare minimum a condition on "CB Activity - Privacy - Authorized" against the asset is all you'll need to stop the privacy check. That auto action is using activity_onLoadActivityStream trigger and it's doing so as a loop variable. It has var1 specified as the loop and var1 is the activity object. So you can check against the activity object asset using [loop_asset]. It already has a condition against user_id, which you can use as an example for loop conditions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333103 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity issue with authorizations
Thanks, could you explain what is [loop_asset] ?

I simply added a condition :
value = [var1_asset]
IS REGEX /\b\.activation\./

and it seems to display fine.
Did I miss something ?

PS : kind of same question, is it possible to make all users tabs from all groupjives groups visible to registered users only by default ? 
Could not find the setting ?

1 year 1 month ago #333106 by krileon
When a variable loop is configured, under the parameters tab, the auto action will loop that variable. In this case it's looping the activity rows. That looped objects variables then become accessible with the loop substitution. This is explained on the description of the loop parameter.

and it seems to display fine.
Did I miss something ?

You need to use [loop_asset].

PS : kind of same question, is it possible to make all users tabs from all groupjives groups visible to registered users only by default ?
Could not find the setting ?

GJ tabs don't have ACL permissions. They're based off group access. So the only way is to set the group to private or set the groups category ACL to Registered.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn