CB Searchbot and joomla 4.2

1 year 1 month ago #333123 by activha
CB Searchbot and joomla 4.2 was created by activha
Hello

I was wondering whether CB SearchBot was compatible with Joomla 4.2 advanced search component ?

Both are installed but I have no result now when trying to search for users

Do I miss something ? is there an upgrade to install ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Searchbot and joomla 4.2
We do not support Joomla Smart Search at this time. Joomla Smart Search works by indexing all the data rows into a singular searchable format. The problem with this is we have dozens of access checks, privacy checks, conditions, etc.. that can be applied to tabs, fields, and profiles. Those can't be applied to Joomla Smart Search and would become a serious problem for user data to be leaked like that. We brought this issue up on Github, but never really got an answer for how we can apply these checks.

We may eventually support it, but with a giant warning that privacy and access checks will not be applied. You can still use the Joomla 3 like search component on Joomla 4 though. It's just an optional install now from the JED.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333127 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Searchbot and joomla 4.2
I see, we'll use CB lists for now instead of reinstalled old search component, thanks for letting me know

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn