CB Activity comments

1 year 1 month ago #333229 by activha
CB Activity comments was created by activha
Hello

is it possible to have comments being displayed as wysiwyg in an Activity ?

I mean with full html tags

is there a setting for this and where ?

cannot find it

thanks for the hint

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333231 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity comments
Only system comments allow HTML. There are no plans to provide full HTML support for regular users. There are no plans to allow for a WYSIWYG editor as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333232 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity comments
By system user do you mean that I can add a full html comment belonging to a special group user ? By inserting directly in DB table ?

The objective is to provide kind of a blog posted by the system in the comments on a timed schedule

Is there a CB Trigger that I could use to directly insert an html system comment in an activity on a timed schedule ? The comment would be built by a link to chatGPT

1 year 1 month ago #333234 by krileon
A comment flagged as being a system comment will allow HTML. It's a flag visible in backend and on frontend when creating a comment if the comment stream allows system comments. It's also available in the comment create of the CB Activity auto action type just set it to 1 and it'll mark the comment as a system comment and you can then use HTML in it. As for the system user that's configured globally within the CB Activity plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

1 year 1 month ago #333235 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity comments
Is activity_onAfterCreateStreamComment the best trigger to allow adding a system comment ?

1 year 1 month ago #333236 by krileon
It has nothing to do with a trigger. It's set on comment create. I guess you could flip a comment to a system comment with that trigger if you wanted, but it's not how you'd schedule creating comments. To schedule creating comments you'd just call your auto action from a CRON task to run it regularly on whatever schedule you want. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: CB Activity
User: Self
Access: Everybody
Action
Mode: Comment
Method: Create
Published: 1
Asset: activity.ACTIVITY_ID_HERE
Owner: OWNING_USER_ID_HERE
System: 1
Load By: None

This will create a comment on the activity entry with an id matching ACTIVITY_ID_HERE and render it as a system comment supporting HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn