Change payment method after selecting Offline Payment

1 year 4 weeks ago - 1 year 4 weeks ago #333243 by boyjahq
We have 2 payment methods for membership on our website: Offline Payment an PayPal. We often have members who select Offline Payment but then want to change to PayPal. Is there a way to offer this option? 

Now, if they choose Offline Payment, when they login the see the following:

Is there a way to also include a link here that would allow them to change the payment method from Offline Payment to PayPal?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 weeks ago #333244 by krileon
That's the new pending basket timeout feature. It's to avoid double payments. Probably doesn't make a lot of sense for offline gateway though. Have added a feature ticket to support ignore this for offline payments.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9150

Should be a relatively easy fix so will try to have something available sometime today or tomorrow. For now you can just delete their basket in CBSubs > Baskets.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 weeks ago #333248 by boyjahq
We have basket timeout (frontend and backend) set to: Hours for payment basket to timeout = 1344 hours

1 year 4 weeks ago #333249 by krileon
Pending basket timeout is a new feature and a separate parameter for that. It specifically is for controlling when a basket in a pending state should timeout and allow payment again. It's pretty much mandatory for payments other than offline payments to avoid people paying twice while a payment is pending. This however doesn't make much sense for Offline payments and have implemented a feature for offline payments to ignore this. The implementation is currently pending review. Once reviewed and merged will release a new build so users can change payment method of baskets that are pending due to offline payment method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

1 year 4 weeks ago #333250 by boyjahq
Excellent! You guys are awesome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

1 year 4 weeks ago #333259 by krileon
This is now implemented in latest CBSubs build release. Offline payments will ignore the pending basket timeout and be able to select a new payment method at any time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.960 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn