CB login authentication token

11 months 4 weeks ago #333655 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB login authentication token
OK got it to make things safe, but in the case of using it to get back the user id from the token ?
Are you sure that the decrypt of [get_token] will give back the user id ? or is it better to use a parse function and which one ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 4 weeks ago #333656 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB login authentication token
All those functions do is encrypt a string and decrypt a string. If you encrypt a string with their user id and then decrypt it then yes it will be their user id. You don't have to use this encrypt method. Feel free to use whatever method you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

11 months 4 weeks ago #333662 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB login authentication token
Yep thanks a lot, I reverted to openssl base64_encode and decode to avoid all strange characters and it works fine :-)

I must thank you so much to have allowed me to learn how to code during these last years.
It's not possible on Joomla extensions to write multiple reviews about components so please accept my deepest thanks for all your support :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn