CB connection from a link with query

11 months 3 weeks ago #333389 by activha
CB connection from a link with query was created by activha
Hi Kyle,

Following this dev www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/245731-cb-login-authentication-token where I have a link with the token, I'd like to display a registration button on the same page allowing new visitors registering to become automatically connected with the user_id which is identified by the token.

I pass a link which is inscription?atid=xxx where atid is the affiliate code of the page/user_id.

1)  I can make a query to retrieve the user from the atid but maybe that it could be best to use the token set on the earlier post ?

2) how can set a connection autoaction to link the visitor originated from the atid link and the user_id.
Could you tell me how to set this ? should I use a code field in a connection autoaction ? but in this case how can I get the visitor id ? or do you have a better idea to achieve this ?

3) Is it also possible to link an acymailing autoaction to also subscribe the visitor_new_user to frontend_USER_ID ? 

Thanks for your ideas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333393 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB connection from a link with query

1)  I can make a query to retrieve the user from the atid but maybe that it could be best to use the token set on the earlier post ?

In a query field? No, query field doesn't have access to GET data. You'd need to use a Code field and get the GET parameter from the URL then query from there.

2) how can set a connection autoaction to link the visitor originated from the atid link and the user_id.
Could you tell me how to set this ? should I use a code field in a connection autoaction ? but in this case how can I get the visitor id ? or do you have a better idea to achieve this ?

When are you wanting to do this? During registration or just by navigating to that URL? Normally when it comes to affiliate ids you need to set it into a cookie so you can use it during various processes like during registration by accessing the cookie value.

3) Is it also possible to link an acymailing autoaction to also subscribe the visitor_new_user to frontend_USER_ID ? 

I've no idea what you're asking here. AcyMailing is for newsletters not for subscribing to other users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

11 months 3 weeks ago #333394 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB connection from a link with query
Maybe best to give an example : see ma-revelation.fr which is a customer example website. We have the green button CB which display an iframe with a AI chat. The link to this is done via the token set in my earlier post. After 5 questions there is a registration button with cercle.busness/inscription?atid=4 which is the affiliate id.

1) arriving on cercle.business I'd like to retrieve the joomla/CB user corresponding to atid=4 ( the user corresponding to the iframe) and automatically connect the visitor which registers on the inscription page to this user. There is an atid cookie set by the component affiliate tracker but maybe that it's simpler to retrieve the user from the token encrypted to display the iframe ? if no maybe a query about this atid would allow to retrieve the user and connect the newly registered visitor ?

3) Acymailing offers the ability for some of our users to manage their own front list which are named frontend_USER_ID and I was wondering whether it was possible to use an acymaling autoaction to subscribe the newly registered visitor subscribed in 1) to this specific list.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333398 by krileon

1) arriving on cercle.business I'd like to retrieve the joomla/CB user corresponding to atid=4 ( the user corresponding to the iframe) and automatically connect the visitor which registers on the inscription page to this user. There is an atid cookie set by the component affiliate tracker but maybe that it's simpler to retrieve the user from the token encrypted to display the iframe ? if no maybe a query about this atid would allow to retrieve the user and connect the newly registered visitor ?

Get the user from the cookie value during registration and connect them in that case. You already have the cookie being passed along so that'd probably be the easiest approach.

3) Acymailing offers the ability for some of our users to manage their own front list which are named frontend_USER_ID and I was wondering whether it was possible to use an acymaling autoaction to subscribe the newly registered visitor subscribed in 1) to this specific list.

The AcyMailing auto action was designed to subscribe to newsletters. If those use the same API then sure it'll work otherwise you'll need to code that yourself using a Code action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 3 weeks ago #333399 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB connection from a link with query
Ok so that would be a connection autoaction with user retrieved by code to get the cookie and no conditions ?

But in this case what is the user to connect to ? should it be [var_id] ?

As for acymailing, I would have to rebuild the code except if you can change the fields in the acymailing autoaction in order to allow substitutions in the name of lists ? so that I can input frontend_[USER_ID]

11 months 3 weeks ago #333403 by krileon

Ok so that would be a connection autoaction with user retrieved by code to get the cookie and no conditions ?

Yes.

But in this case what is the user to connect to ? should it be [var_id] ?

Yes, or [var1_user_id]. Either will work.

As for acymailing, I would have to rebuild the code except if you can change the fields in the acymailing autoaction in order to allow substitutions in the name of lists ? so that I can input frontend_[USER_ID]

The "For" parameter is used to specify what user is subscribing to the supplied newsletters. Changing how that parameter works would require a rewrite and migration of existing parameters. I currently do not have time for that, but maybe something considered in the future for substitution based newsletter ids. Suggest using a code action and implementing a solution specific to your needs. Review AcyMailing API documentation or existing AcyMailing auto action code for a starting point.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn