Adding subform to params of my cb plugin

1 year 3 weeks ago #333463 by sereniteam
Adding subform to params of my cb plugin was created by sereniteam
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to add subform with a nested subform in my plugin params. It seems the native joomla way is not working, or i'm doing something wrong here. 

This is in my plugin.xml file:<params>
<param name="delimiter" type="hidden" value=":"/>
<param
name="rules"
type="subform"
label="Rules"
formsource="/plugins/user/plug_monbilspots/models/form/subform_rules.xml"
multiple="true"
min="1"
layout="joomla.form.field.subform.repeatable-table"
/>
instead of a subform it is showing this message on the params page: Parameter Handler for type=subform is not implemented or not loaded.

Could you point me in the right direction as to how to implement subforms in CB Plugin params section?

Kind regards,
Tom

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 weeks ago #333469 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Adding subform to params of my cb plugin
CB plugins do not use Joomla fields. We've our own custom XML parsing engine that's, significantly, more powerful. For repeat usages you'd use the below.
<params name="names" type="params" repeat="true" label="Names List">
	<param name="name" type="text" size="40" label="Name" />
</params>

This for example gives you a repeating list of names. The parameters within the <params> node can be any of CBs supported XML types.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sereniteam

1 year 2 weeks ago #333480 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic Adding subform to params of my cb plugin
Ah yeah. figured so much. Is there any documentation about these xml settings?

And is it possible to nest params inside of params to create nested subform functionality?

SereniTeam

1 year 2 weeks ago #333482 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Adding subform to params of my cb plugin

Is there any documentation about these xml settings?

No, best I can suggest is to take a look at existing plugins.

And is it possible to nest params inside of params to create nested subform functionality?

You mean a repeat usage inside of a repeat usage? Yes. Example as follows.
<params name="names" type="params" repeat="true" label="Names List">
    <param name="name" type="text" size="40" label="Name" />
    <params name="surnames" type="params" repeat="true" label="Surnames List">
        <param name="surname" type="text" size="40" label="Surname" />
    </params>
</params>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn