Issue with older thread regarding gift subscriptions

10 months 3 weeks ago #334030 by liaskas
Hello.
About a year ago i asked for a way to automate gift subscriptions between members.

Krileon kindly provided an excellent solution that can be found here #328607

I followed step by step Krileon's tutorial and everything seems working pretty fine except one thing.

When the gift plan is ordered through paypal, the plan's integration -> CB Fields cb_gifts (integer field) is not updated (+1).
When the gift plan is activated from backend, the plan's integration -> CB Fields cb_gifts (integer field) is updated (+1) perfectly.

So when the gift plan is activated through paypal, a certain field is not updated through plan's integration -> CB Fields!
Can we use an auto action to update this field and how will this auto action be?

Can you please advise?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334035 by krileon
Shouldn't matter how they pay. My guess is maybe another store is happening causing the cb_gifts value to be overridden. Do you have any auto actions acting on CBSubs payment triggers? If so try turning on Reload User under Parameters for those auto actions so it has an up to date user object before it stores or use the store directly functionality for field actions (should be on by default).

As for your question regarding CB Auto Actions yes you can use it to update cb_gifts if you wanted to. Is this a subscription plan or a merchandise plan as that'll make a difference in how to set this up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334037 by liaskas
Thank you for your reply Krileon.

As for your question regarding CB Auto Actions yes you can use it to update cb_gifts if you wanted to. Is this a subscription plan or a merchandise plan as that'll make a difference in how to set this up.

This is a subscription plan.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334038 by krileon
You can use the below in CB Auto Actions to implement any auto action you like on plan activate and deactivate states in that case.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Value: A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Custom Value: [var3]
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: A

Be sure to replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the actual id of your plan as found in CBSubs > Plans. In your case you'd just use the Field action and adjust the fields value however you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn