CB Subs Translations

6 months 2 weeks ago #335413 by activha
CB Subs Translations was created by activha
Hello

We'd like to localize CBSubs in some languages for which there are no languages available, for instance Arabic

Can I simply copy paste the cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb folder and rename it cbpaidsubscriptions-ar-ar , then translate what's needed and add my override.php file ?

What is much needed is the description of the plans and the frontend interaction strings

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 2 weeks ago #335417 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Translations

Can I simply copy paste the cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb folder and rename it cbpaidsubscriptions-ar-ar , then translate what's needed and add my override.php file ?

That should work. Language loading is entirely file based so it doesn't have to be an installable plugin, but you won't have access to the language overrides interface in CB > Plugin Management and will have to manage the changes in the override file manually. If you adjust the XML file as well then you can then just install it like any other language plugin.

We're looking into moving to a new language platform some time after we get started on CB 3.x and are moved over to Symfony language component for our language API. Probably self-hosted Weblate instance. We then can support more languages easily and package them more easily and faster as Transifex is a real pain.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 2 weeks ago #335420 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Subs Translations
Yes it worked :-)
Anyway I only use the override file to change the strings so that's fine.
BTW it's pretty easy now to have a full language file translated with a correct prompt on ChatGPT 4. 
I did it in a couple of hours for 5 languages with our override file which has about a thousand string.
So I don't know what you will select but it should not be long to have CB translated in as many languages as you wish

6 months 2 weeks ago #335422 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Translations
Weblate provides AI assisted translations. We will likely be enabling it as a starting point for languages where contributors can then contribute corrections.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn