comprofiler_views table

4 months 1 week ago #336379 by ernienet
comprofiler_views table was created by ernienet
When I run backups prior to a site update, there is one file that has become HUGE in the backup process: comprofiler_views. I'm seeing this on almost all of the websites I manage.

Is there a way to automate maintenance of that table so old records can be deleted and the database kept slim and trim?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 6 days ago #336395 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic comprofiler_views table
Makes sense as that table keeps track of profile views. So it can get large if you've profile view tracking enabled and an active site. Cleaning it out defeats the point of it as then views would be lost. I recommend just turning off profile view tracking and emptying the table. You can turn off profile views tracking within CB > Configuration > User Profile by setting "Record Views" to "No".

If you still want to keep views tracking and only delete older views then yes that's possible using CB Auto Actions, but again kind of defeats the point of it and if you aren't using the "Views" (hits) field you might as well turn the entire process off.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 6 days ago #336400 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic comprofiler_views table
I didn't understand the purpose of Views. It's not something that any of my clients use. They mostly use Community Builder to create board member and sponsor lists; some have member lists. The number of hits each profile gets is irrelevant. I don't even display it on the profile pages.

I'll add it to my list of "things to do" when I perform regular site maintenance to turn off that functionality.

Is it simply a matter of deleting all the records in the comprofiler_views table, or are there dependencies that I might break if I do so?

Thank you,
Ernie

4 months 6 days ago #336401 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic comprofiler_views table

I didn't understand the purpose of Views. It's not something that any of my clients use. They mostly use Community Builder to create board member and sponsor lists; some have member lists. The number of hits each profile gets is irrelevant. I don't even display it on the profile pages.

Its purpose is to provide views tracking. It's used for the "Views" (hits) field and CB LastViews Tab plugin. If you don't need any of this just turn it off.

Is it simply a matter of deleting all the records in the comprofiler_views table, or are there dependencies that I might break if I do so?

All you need to do is turn off that parameter and empty the table. That completely disables its usage. Nothing will break by doing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn