CB Activity API usage update

4 months 6 days ago #336582 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity API usage update

1) Is it normal that the default font be Apple Color Emoji ? This adds lots of spaces between all words

It's not supposed to be adding spacing as it's meant to allow the emoji to display. What browser are you seeing the extra spacing in?

2) How can I retrieved the url that I just build on the post area as the custom title is not appended ? that's important for our SEO

It's mainly used in the new Share feature. So if you click the Share button, if is enabled, you'll have a input to get the URL to share there.

3) with the trigger onDisplayActivity, how can I check that I'm on a single post page ? With CB 5 I had a test value = 1 for return ( $variables->getInt( 'id' ) && $variables ? 1 : 0 ); but changing to return ( $variables->getInt( 'id' ) && $variables ? 1 : 0 ); does not work with CB 6

Please review the trigger variables in my below post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19034-cb-activity-6-0-0-rc-1

With that information you'll notice var3 is the $layout array and in that is isRow. That determines if a single row is being viewed or not. So you access it from an auto action using PHP you'd use the below.
$singleRow = ( $variables['var3']['isRow'] ?? false );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 6 days ago #336586 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity API usage update
1) Spaces are seen on MacOS with Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Also on Safari for IOS. 

2) I meant that using the new Share feature, the url displayed is not the url built with the appended title /post/id/custom-title, but only /post/id

3) Thanks

4 months 6 days ago #336589 by krileon

1) Spaces are seen on MacOS with Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Also on Safari for IOS.

Have released a new build removing the font-family. Some emoji may not display, but is the best way I can have this be compatible.

2) I meant that using the new Share feature, the url displayed is not the url built with the appended title /post/id/custom-title, but only /post/id

The rewritten URL displays fine for me in my tests using my example above. So I don't know what to suggest, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #336591 by activha
1) Thanks that'll look better :-)

2) The rewritten URL displays fine in the browser url area but not in the share modal window
edit : strange it works fine in the menu items where all posts are displayed but not in the single post page if I try to share it

4 months 6 days ago #336592 by krileon

2) The rewritten URL displays fine in the browser url area but not in the share modal window

I'm not sure why that would be. It's displaying correctly rewritten in my tests using the exact example provided above. Could be a plugin load order problem? Try moving CB Auto Actions to after/before CB Activity and see if that helps.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 months 6 days ago #336593 by activha
I guess that [var3_0] means post so if I append the title like /post/title shouldn't I add a condition for single posts [var3_1] ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.560 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn