Globally Private Profiles at Subscription

3 months 2 weeks ago #336652 by eciudad
The goal is to when members join a subscription, their profiles are set to be private. Then, the members themselves can go into the security tab and select what they want to be set public or any other security selection for their profile and tabs. Is there a simple way to do this globally or otherwise?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336654 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Globally Private Profiles at Subscription
Do you want it privacy initially only for those who subscribed or can everyone be private by default? If everyone can be private by default then install CB Privacy then in CB > Field Management edit the Profile Privacy field. Next set it as published and under Parameters > Display> Display change Default from "Same as Global" to "Private". That will make profiles private by default which they can change using the profile privacy field in profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336657 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Globally Private Profiles at Subscription
Thank you Krileon
Everyone be private by default initially, that is the goal.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336658 by krileon
Then all you should need to do is configure the Profile Privacy field provided by CB Privacy and you're all set. You can configure it to protect fields outside of the profile as well since by default all it does is protect direct access to profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336659 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Globally Private Profiles at Subscription
Thank you Krileon.

Where do I do this: "You can configure it to protect fields outside of the profile as well since by default all it does is protect direct access to profiles."

Now that we are talking about protection:
Is there any way to prevent users from choosing certain IDs when they subscribe? ie: POTUS, AirForceOne. MarineOne and the like.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336662 by krileon

Where do I do this: "You can configure it to protect fields outside of the profile as well since by default all it does is protect direct access to profiles."

Directly in the profile privacy field. Review the parameters carefully.

Is there any way to prevent users from choosing certain IDs when they subscribe? ie: POTUS, AirForceOne. MarineOne and the like.

Usernames? Yes, edit the username field and add to the forbidden words validation rule.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: eciudad

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn