CB Activity 6 functionality

2 months 2 weeks ago #337137 by liaskas
CB Activity 6 functionality was created by liaskas
Hello
Is there a way to display the activity Share button only to subscribed members with a certain value in one of their community builder profile field?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337148 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 6 functionality
There's no functionality to condition the share button and at this time no plans to implement support for that. There really wouldn't be a way to restrict it. It basically is just a modal window that helps to easily share the post URL to other social media. The URL itself can't be conditioned of course since it needs to be accessible. So technically anyone could share a post whether you have that button available or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337152 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic CB Activity 6 functionality
Understood. Thank you for your reply on this.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to update the current cb_activity (5.0.1) to cb_activity 6 without loosing my auto actions?
I created 2 clones of my live site and in both cases when i updated cb_activity all the auto actions disappeared.

Not all my auto actions are related to cb_activity. I use auto actions for subscriptions, ACL, mails, gift subscriptions and many other. Why are they getting lost when cb_activity is udated?

Or is it something i am doing wrong?

2 months 2 weeks ago #337154 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity 6 functionality
CB Activity 6.0 doesn't have any code to delete auto actions. It only has code to migrate activity auto action types.

Are you referring to the system actions for CB Activity? Those will be gone since they aren't necessary anymore. Any custom auto actions you've created should still exist perfectly fine, but you may need to edit them and assign them a stream.

I'm seeing no loss of auto actions in my tests nor on our demo site which is up to date. Can you be more specific about how they're lost?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337157 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic CB Activity 6 functionality
Thank you for your reply.
I will have to create a new clone and check the exact steps. I think this happened on the first installation of cb_activity 6 but i have to check the whole procedure for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn