Paypal recurring payment not registering

2 months 4 days ago #337294 by Thelowlandpiper
Paypal recurring payment not registering was created by Thelowlandpiper
I have a subscriber using paypal recurring payments since 2019; in 2023 the payment was processed correctly though no IPN appears in the notifications table and nothing in the payments table; in 2024 his payment appears in both notification and payment tables but his account is marked as 'expired'; our paypal account shows that both payments were registered 2.9.0; joomla 3.10.12: CBSubs 4.7.0+build.2024.02.10.14.57.41.f36cef766)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 4 days ago #337298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Paypal recurring payment not registering
Did you review the PayPal IPN History to see if it attempted to send the notification? It will include details about what URL it attempted to send it to, what the response was, if it had to retry, etc.. It should also be possible to retry the IPN. URL directly to the IPN History page below.
https://www.paypal.com/merchantnotification/ipn/history

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 days ago #337303 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Paypal recurring payment not registering
Thanks for the link but I appear to have access to only the last 28 days, which means I can't even see the transaction that I do have notifications for, which is the one |I'm more concerned about since the payment is not reflected in the subscriber's account: this seems to be a problem woth CBSubs rather than the IPN notificationss account - we have the molney and the notifications but the account is marked 'expired'

2 months 3 days ago #337304 by krileon
So the notification for that payment is logged in CBSubs > Notifications? Are there any errors for that user/basket in CBSubs > History Log?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #337312 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Paypal recurring payment not registering
I have no payment nor IPN notification for the 2023 payment, though our paypal account shows it as hmaving been paid; I have attached a screengrab of the history and logs for the subscriber, but I can't make any sense of it (the top entry records my manual renewal of the subscription, which was marked as expring on the 20/02/24
Attachments:

2 months 1 day ago #337319 by krileon
PayPal has to tell CBSubs the payment was made. If it doesn't CBSubs has no clue the payment was renewed and will expire the subscription. If there's no IPN in PayPals IPN History page (see URL provided above) for that payment then IPNs are not sending for that subscription for whatever reason and you should contact PayPal as there's nothing we can do about payments that are never communicated to CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn