Comment emails no longer being sent

2 months 16 hours ago - 2 months 13 hours ago #337333 by boyjahq
Comment emails no longer being sent was created by boyjahq
After updating our site to J4, when someone receives a comment on their user profile, an email is no longer sent to them notifying them that they received a comment.
We use an Autoaction to send an email to the person who received a comment and we BCC our admin email. Admin still receives the email, but the To: line in the email admin receives shows To: undisclosed-recipients: ; and the user that received a comment does not receive the email notifying them that they received a comment. It worked as needed prior to upgrading. For reference, we use Comments as a way for users to leave feedback on another user's profile. We use a profile tab called "Feedback". The tab is linked to a field of type Comments. We have similar email Autoactions for things like Notification of Connection Request, Notification of Connection Accepted, etc. and they all work as they did before.

Settings for the problematic Autoaction (there are no Conditions set):

To: address is left blank as per tool tip recommendations - Leave blank to use trigger user for the to email address. It worked prior to upgrade...

Joomla! 4.4.3
Community Builder 2.9.1
PHP Version 8.2.15
Database Type mysql
Database Version 8.0.35-percona-sure1
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 7 hours ago #337338 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comment emails no longer being sent
A lot has changed with CB Activity 6.0.0. So any auto actions usages will need to be updated since many of the triggers have changed. The below changes should work.

Triggers: activity_onAfterCommentStreamCreate
Specific User: [var3_user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

2 months 7 hours ago #337350 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Comment emails no longer being sent
Those settings resolve the "To: undisclosed-recipients: ;" issue, but the comment notification email is sent to the person who made the comment, not to the user who is receiving the comment

2 months 6 hours ago #337352 by krileon
Ah, right that would certainly make more sense! 😆 The below should do that.

Triggers: activity_onAfterCommentStreamCreate
Specific User: [var2_user_id]

So basically just needed to change the trigger to the new one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

2 months 6 hours ago - 2 months 6 hours ago #337355 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Comment emails no longer being sent
After changing to Specific User: [var2_user_id] and Triggers: activity_onAfterCommentStreamCreate, the email notification goes back to  "To: undisclosed-recipients: ;" and the user who received the comment does not receive an email notification.

2 months 5 hours ago #337360 by krileon
What is the comment on? A custom comment stream you've created or a comment on an activity post? I assume by leaves a feedback it's a custom comment stream? If so what is the asset of your custom comment stream. Seams like it doesn't have a source object it can pull from the asset of the stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn