Auto renew charged multiple times

4 weeks 3 hours ago #337659 by fdinkler
Auto renew charged multiple times was created by fdinkler
Hi
Recently got reported by user that they got charged mutiple times on there auto renewal wit stripe payments.
Using  the latest version 4.7.0+build.2024.03.12.17.22.57.8afd9b9ca
Forther on manul subscription renew as well users got charged twice.
Is this an issue with plugin or some configuration need to be changed. Its happening with miltiple user case at the moment.
on Payment notiications the renew completion shows on the same time when user doing a manaul renew. 
prnt.sc/1CCdUxFEIaSY same payment basket charged twice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #337664 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto renew charged multiple times
What is your plan duration and price for the subscription that got billed twice? Are you using a "By Calendar" duration? Were they actually billed twice or did CBSubs report the payment twice? Have you reviewed the subscription at Stripe to see its billing cycle to see why it would bill twice? CBSubs itself doesn't issue the billing, but it's possible the subscription created incorrectly at Stripe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 6 days ago #337665 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic Auto renew charged multiple times
Hi 
on auto renew for one user he got charged 10 times and same show on both CB and strip
this is auto the subscription plan is for 1 Year settings here : prnt.sc/6yadpxcewAET

3 weeks 6 days ago #337666 by krileon
Was the subscription billed 10 times (verify this at Stripe) or the payment processed 10 times at CBSubs?

If just processed 10 times at CBSubs it sounds like duplicate webhooks might be arriving, but it shouldn't be processing the duplicates as we use idempotency and lock times for baskets. Do you have multiple webhooks configured at Stripe pointing to the same domain?

If actually charged 10 times there's something very wrong at Stripe for their recurring subscription. Within Stripe on the left once logged in and viewing the dashboard click Billing then under the Billing heading click Subscriptions and review their subscription billing. A simple 1 year duration plan should absolutely not be having problems like this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 weeks 6 days ago #337667 by krileon
Have retested recurring billing using your duration and price and am not seeing any issues with the subscription or billing cycle behavior at Stripe or in CBSubs. Have reviewed API change log and there hasn't been any breaking changes after the version we use. Simulation of up to 3 years of renewals all seam fine. So I'm not sure how this could've gone wrong.

If you PM backend super user login credentials and include the username of the user affected I can take a look at CBSubs logs, but it's sounding like the subscription is duplicated at Stripe somehow.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 weeks 6 days ago #337669 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic Auto renew charged multiple times
Thank you
sent a DM with credentials. 

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn