We have a locked-down version of CB, to be put into production.
To update the 6-month-old installation, I have downloaded the latest CB, CBSubs and Plugins, and plan to upgrade all components of CB.
What is the safest way to update all components of the CB environment while protecting the customizations?
You shouldn't lose any customizations unless you modified core files. If you did then those changes will be lost when you update. When new stable versions are released sometimes parameters can go away, be moved, or added and we add install script migration behavior when that's the case. As always though we recommend making a full backup before updating anything to stay safe.
Kyle (Krileon) Community Builder Team Member Before posting on forums:
Read FAQ thoroughly
+
Read our Documentation
+
Search the forums CB links:
Documentation
-
Localization
-
CB Quickstart
-
CB Paid Subscriptions
-
Add-Ons
-
Forge
-- If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
-- If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please
send me a private message
with your thread and will reply when possible!
-- Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
-- My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.