[SOLVED] Integration with Kunena forum

14 years 7 months ago #112221 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with Kunena forum
kenlyle wrote:

"For that you would need a specific Kunena integrations plugin (that doesn't exist yet), and probably changes in Kunena too..."

Is there any such Subs plugin for any forum or forum component, currently?

Is there any estimated timeline?

Thanks,
Ken

No it has not been done yet, nor discussed to be done. By URL Part seams sufficient enough IMO. You could also write your own code file to handle this type of integration and execute it with CBSubs URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #112232 by kenlyle
Replied by kenlyle on topic Re:Integration with Kunena forum
I read Beat's post to mean that there is no straightforward way to protect a particular forum or topic (and children) based on membership. This would be the ideal, a plugin that recognizes the Kunena (or other forum) objects.

I am going to check further on "By Component" and "URL Part" and see if I can get the effect I want, which is only to make the forum read-only for non-members.

Best,
Ken

14 years 7 months ago #112242 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with Kunena forum
kenlyle wrote:

I read Beat's post to mean that there is no straightforward way to protect a particular forum or topic (and children) based on membership. This would be the ideal, a plugin that recognizes the Kunena (or other forum) objects.

I am going to check further on "By Component" and "URL Part" and see if I can get the effect I want, which is only to make the forum read-only for non-members.

Best,
Ken

Incorrect, you can protect an entire category. Use the following format in your By URL Part.

option=com_kunena&catid=##

Use the exact same for sub categories. Example:
Category A = 12
Sub-Category A = 32
Sub-Category B = 79
Sub-Category C = 68

option=com_kunena&catid=12
option=com_kunena&catid=32
option=com_kunena&catid=79
option=com_kunena&catid=68

All functions such as reply, new thread, delete, etc.. contain the catid so this protects the entire category.

However, if you want it to be read-only then no this will not work the way you're wanting. This protects the ENTIRE category. You'd have to protect each function for the category as well.

option=com_kunena&func=post&do=reply&catid=12

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/25 17:05

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #112245 by kenlyle
Replied by kenlyle on topic Re:Integration with Kunena forum
OH! GREAT! This is really good.

I was a little confused that users might add content that then wouldn't be protected, but was mistaken...as long as it's in the Category, it will be protected.

Very timely support!

Best,
Ken

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn