[SOLVED] address fields in CB and CBsubs

14 years 6 months ago #113905 by ThePiston
[SOLVED] address fields in CB and CBsubs was created by ThePiston
I like to use a text area whenever possible for addresses instead of address1, address2, city, state, zip. Before I create the fields for this project, can someone tell me if that's a good idea if I'm going to use CBsubs? For instance, can I auto-populate credit card fields for address if I have them inside CB fields? If so, then I should create those fields separately and not use a text area.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/10/13 05:02

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/13 14:59

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:address fields in CB and CBsubs
You can populate address fields over to CBSubs invoice address, but yes they do need to be separate fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113928 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:address fields in CB and CBsubs
good to know, thanks

14 years 6 months ago #113930 by ThePiston
one more thing - when you specified invoice address, does that mean on "checkout" they still have to input their addresses even if they're inside the DB? Is it only in the invoice that we can populate fields?

14 years 6 months ago #113938 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:address fields in CB and CBsubs
At this time there is only invoice address, no billing, no shipping. This is just used for the users records. On a site such as Paypal and they don't have an account they may be asked (depends on your payment gateway settings) for their BILLING address of their credit card.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113942 by ThePiston
sounds like I probably don't even need that to be honest. thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn