auto upgrade

14 years 6 months ago #114102 by camills
auto upgrade was created by camills
I am trying to design a feature which will automatically promote a registered user to another plan after a specific period of time (as a 'good conduct prize'). Thus extra content (in this case) is automatically made available to the user if they stay registered. How can/ can this be achieved in CBSubs 1.0.3?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114152 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:auto upgrade
I believe the only way to achieve this is to insert a subscription for the user into the database with a start date in the future. This can be done with CBSubs SQL Actions or CBSubs URL integration. Examine the subscriptions table in your database for help on structuring the insert. There are multiple tables you'll need to insert into such as payments, baskets, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114157 by camills
Replied by camills on topic Re:auto upgrade
I imagine another way would be to hide the plan and then use an autoresponder to mail the plan url at the appointed time. Is the CBSubs mailer plug capable of this or is it fixed at the point mailings are sent?

14 years 6 months ago #114167 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:auto upgrade
CBSubs email options are at fixed points, specifically plan activation, renewal, expiration, etc... They do not send at specific times or intervals.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn