CBSubs with Joomla 1.0

14 years 4 months ago #120620 by firefox69
CBSubs with Joomla 1.0 was created by firefox69
We are using joomla 1.0 at the moment,and would like to know if we can use cbsubs with joomla 1.0? If we can is there a way of transfering all our members from AEC to cbsubs?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #120621 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CBSubs with Joomla 1.0
firefox69 wrote:

We are using joomla 1.0 at the moment,and would like to know if we can use cbsubs with joomla 1.0? If we can is there a way of transfering all our members from AEC to cbsubs?

Yes to Joomla 1.0 usage.

Transferring users can be done if no recurring subscriptions are present using the CBSubs import feature.

If you have recurring subscriptions, then you have a problem and might have to just make the users subscribe again in order to send paypal the proper information again.

14 years 4 months ago #120624 by firefox69
Replied by firefox69 on topic Re:CBSubs with Joomla 1.0
Thank you for the prompt reply. AEC sends out re-subscribing notifications, is this what you mean by recurring subscriptions? Can cbsubs handle expiration dates like AEC does?

14 years 4 months ago #120626 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CBSubs with Joomla 1.0
firefox69 wrote:

Thank you for the prompt reply. AEC sends out re-subscribing notifications, is this what you mean by recurring subscriptions? Can cbsubs handle expiration dates like AEC does?

CBSubs handles expiration dates just fine.

Issue is that if you have recurring payment plans in progress where for example paypal expects a specific workflow from a specific component, then it is difficult to bridge this.

14 years 4 months ago #120741 by firefox69
Replied by firefox69 on topic Re:CBSubs with Joomla 1.0
Hi
We have thought long and hard and have decided we will be using joomla 1.5 for cbsubs. The problem we have is this: we want everybody to see all article tasters, but only registered users to be able to access the 'non' freeview ones. It used to work in joomla 1.0 but since we have put cbsubs on 1.5 the site now only shows freeview items. You have to login to see the other articles. I tried to change it in the registration tab but in the explanation it says 'yes' here and 'no' in global site settings, but going into global settings there is no way i can see where to set 'no'.Is it possible to revert back to how it was? Could you suggest away to do this please.

14 years 4 months ago #120750 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSubs with Joomla 1.0
Please be more detailed and specific of your issue. You say you want free articles to display to free (non-registered) users, but want the other articles to show to registered users... you then say that's how it's functioning.. confusing. :blink:

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn