Presale Question Regarding donors and subscribers

14 years 3 months ago #122876 by ftrombley
Question: We are a non-profit organizatition interested in offering items for
> sale in additon to takin monetary donations. If a person were to donate using
> your software do they have to be a subscriber?
>
> Second, How does VirtueMart work/integrate with your software?
>

Merchandise plans can be used instead of Subscription plans - both supported by CBSubs.

The VirtueMart integration is described in the integration plugin description.

Please use presales forum area for further clarifications.

Still need answer to question: To make a donation does the donor have to be a subscriber?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #122879 by beat
ftrombley wrote:

Still need answer to question: To make a donation does the donor have to be a subscriber?

Thank you

No, donations are independant of subscribtions.

You can have a free lifetime plan for members that gets automatically used if existing.

But to make a donation, the user does simultaneously register (if not already registered) to your site.

Btw: Registration can be as little as just asking for email address in CB.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 3 months ago #122881 by ftrombley
In your post below, people would register to make a donation, how do they count against the number of subscibers in the licensing? Most (probably 98%) of all people who donate will do a one time donation once or twice a year.

Additonally, we have purchased virtuemart and would like to know how you software enhances what is already provided by VirtueMart?

14 years 3 months ago #122884 by krileon
All users in your _users table count against your limit; regardless if the subscribe or not. ;)

As for VirtueMart, the integration will create the user if they do not exist in VirtueMart (it does not transfer data such as address, etc...) in order for the integration to function properly as it would fail if the user wasn't there :ohmy:. What the integration does is allow you to assign users to VirtueMart groups based on subscriptions; you could have a subscription that for example offers discounted prices or access to special merchandise only that shopper or user group could see.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn