CB Query Field question

4 years 7 months ago #313490 by traceyfield
CB Query Field question was created by traceyfield
Hi, hope you can help, I will start by saying I'm a DIY teach myself web admin so I'm not familiar with the techy stuff or code but with clear basic instructions that don't assume tech knowledge, I'm perfectly capable :)

I currently have a website that uses Membership Pro to create subscriptions that one group admin subscribes and is then able to add multiple group members to their group. In my case, it is driving instructors who subscribe and they add their learner drivers into their group. I would like to bring the group admin (driving instructor) details into the community builder profiles.

I've found the table and the column heading in my database where the group admin id is.

Would the CB Query field plugin pull that group admin id into each learner profile? Each group admin id can have up to 100 learner profiles.

Are there really clear instructions that do no assume coding knowledge to help me create the correct query? If I struggle will I be able to get help?

Many thanks. Tracey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #313497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field question

Would the CB Query field plugin pull that group admin id into each learner profile?

Yes, CB Query Field can query for that data and display it on their profile. Ideally there should be some sort of common link between the two (or more) tables. This is typically just their user id.

Are there really clear instructions that do no assume coding knowledge to help me create the correct query? If I struggle will I be able to get help?

CB Query Field and its Query fieldtypes just query the database with the SQL you provide it and output the results. If you don't know how to format SQL then it will be of no use to you. We do not provide custom coding assistance here so we can not help you with your SQL beyond simple examples so as long as all you need is a simple example to get started yes we could help with that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #313501 by traceyfield
Replied by traceyfield on topic CB Query Field question
ok, thanks, I will now go off and google how to format SQL because I don't have a clue, I'm sure it can't be that hard :)

4 years 7 months ago #313502 by traceyfield
Quite proud of myself, I've just run a SQL query on the SQL tab in my database and have successfully called up a list of profile id with the relevant group admin id - do you think that will be enough for me to buy and make the query plugin work? Tracey

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #313503 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field question
The below would be a good starting point. Tutorial provided by the maintainers of MYSQL it self. You can also find function documentation and more there.

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/entering-queries.html

The below is also useful, but can be overwhelming.

www.w3resource.com/mysql/basic-select-statement/mysql-basic-select-statement.php

W3Schools also has a lot of tutorials aimed at beginners. Their SQL one is pretty easy to follow.

www.w3schools.com/sql/

Quite proud of myself, I've just run a SQL query on the SQL tab in my database and have successfully called up a list of profile id with the relevant group admin id - do you think that will be enough for me to buy and make the query plugin work? Tracey

I've no idea. Depends on what data you want to display and how you want to display it. We've a few tutorials below that should give you an idea of how CB Query Field works.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/345-cb-query-field/tutorials

Specifically the below is pretty close to what you're wanting (querying for a list of related data and displaying it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #313504 by traceyfield
w3schools is the first one I found and I've bookmarked it for reference. I think I will give it a go, I simply want the group admin id in the profile, nothing complicated or fancy, I will watch those video tutorials first. thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.766 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn