presales question on cb subs

4 years 7 months ago #314137 by steveg4u
presales question on cb subs was created by steveg4u
Hi have been looking into a few components that i think might do the job but this seems like it might! i am setting up a cleaning agency website and on registration would like this option for the clients

hours needed per clean - 2 2.5 3 3.5 etc
how often - weekly fortnightly monthly
and duration - 1 moth -6months

then I will either enter into jevents manually or find a way of this being done automatically

my question is if I use cb subs and client chooses 2hr clean weekly for 2 months will i be able to get it to add this up automatically and they go through checkout?

if so i will purchase very soon and thank you in advance for your time
steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic presales question on cb subs

hours needed per clean - 2 2.5 3 3.5 etc
how often - weekly fortnightly monthly
and duration - 1 moth -6months

Should just be a matter of 2 fields and 6 plans to provide that. Your 2 fields would be for selecting frequency and number of hours. Your plans would be for the duration.

my question is if I use cb subs and client chooses 2hr clean weekly for 2 months will i be able to get it to add this up automatically and they go through checkout?

Yes, CBSubs Promotions allows dynamically increasing the price of a plan via negative promotion (e.g. -20 increases the price by $20 instead of decreasing it). Using this you could have a promotion per frequency available and hours per cleaning available to increase the price.

I'd probably create 6 plans with duration's of 1 month to 6 months. Then have 2 fields to specify hours per clean and how often. The plans themselves would have a base price based off duration (e.g. lets say $10/mo with a minor discount for purchasing multiple months). Next I'd setup that negative promotion to adjust the price based off hours per cleaning and frequency. You should be able to give this all a try on our demo site below to see if CBSubs would fit your needs.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Lets for example say I've the following plan structure to handle duration.

Plan 1 - 1mo, $10, exclusive
Plan 2 - 2mo, $20, exclusive
Plan 3 - 3mo, $30, exclusive
Plan 4 - 4mo, $40, exclusive
Plan 5 - 5mo, $50, exclusive
Plan 6 - 6mo, $60, exclusive

Next I'd have 2 select fields. Something like the following.

Frequency
Option 1
Value: FREQUENCY_WEEK
Label: Weekly

Option 2
Value: FREQUENCY_FORTNIGHT
Label: Fortnightly

Option 3
Value: FREQUENCY_MONTH
Label: Monthly

Hours
Option 1
Value: HOURS_01
Label: 1

Option 2
Value: HOURS_02
Label: 2

Option 3
Value: HOURS_03
Label: 3

Now you'd just need 6 negative promotion plans 1 for each Frequency and 1 for each Hours option. You can condition based off the field value using the parameters under the Condition tab while editing your promotion. How much these cost would be up to you of course.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steveg4u

4 years 7 months ago #314155 by steveg4u
Replied by steveg4u on topic presales question on cb subs
Thank you for taking the time to get back to me and with so much detail, yes sounds perfect and exactly what i am looking for so i will purchase very soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn