Is it possible to create this profile management with CB?

11 months 1 week ago #333643 by keep2000
Hello
I'm looking for a Joomla 4 solution which can do the following:
When a user subscribes and become member (with kind of membership solution) he'll get a profile page where he can do the following:
  • set his profile data with predefined fields, like website, bio, contact data, social links etc
  • can upload music (mp3) files
  • every file has it's own data, like description, genre (dropdown list), tags
  • the visitors can list/search/filter the files
  • they can see the user's profile page, his data and files
  • there should be is a contact form on the user's profile page
  • when the user's subscription expires (he is removed from the user group), his page should not be accessible until he renewes the subscription. The membersip part could be done with 3rd party membership extension
It's quite similar to envato.com, but it's not a webshop, everything is accessible, so it's about the uploading/modification possibilities.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #333647 by krileon

When a user subscribes and become member (with kind of membership solution) he'll get a profile page where he can do the following:

You can require subscriptions to join your site using CB Paid Subscriptions.

set his profile data with predefined fields, like website, bio, contact data, social links etc

We provide a significant amount of field types for profiles. We also support Joomla user component custom fields to allow for 3rd party plugin fields. This is all built into free CB.

can upload music (mp3) files

If you only need to upload 1 or 2 then the audio field included with CB can accomplish this, but if you need a large amount I'd recommend CB Gallery.

every file has it's own data, like description, genre (dropdown list), tags

CB Gallery can provide this to a degree. It supports descriptions, separate entries, and folders/albums. It does not support tagging.

the visitors can list/search/filter the files

It's possible to search a gallery in CB Gallery and filter by media type (e.g. Video, Image, Audio, etc..).

they can see the user's profile page, his data and files

Viewing profiles is built into core CB and viewing CB Gallery is built into the core Gallery tab included with CB Gallery. So all very doable there.

there should be is a contact form on the user's profile page

We provide a built in Private Messaging System and there's a Quick Message tab for quickly messaging from a users profile. There's also support for an email form that will send an email to them if you'd prefer to use email. This is built into core free CB.

when the user's subscription expires (he is removed from the user group), his page should not be accessible until he renewes the subscription. The membersip part could be done with 3rd party membership extension

This is just built into CB Paid Subscriptions if you don't allow free subscriptions. When they expire their entire account will be Joomla blocked until they renew.

Sounds like you'd need CB Paid Subscriptions and CB Gallery strictly based off your requirements. I suggest taking our demo site for a test drive as we recently updated it to Joomla 4. Feel free to change whatever settings you like as it regularly resets.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

It's quite similar to envato.com, but it's not a webshop, everything is accessible, so it's about the uploading/modification possibilities.

I would not expect to be able to create something EXACTLY like that site out of the box regardless of what extensions or CMS you use. That's a quite specialized site with implementations specific to that site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn