Shareable Links

9 months 1 week ago #334495 by petercw
Shareable Links was created by petercw
Hello,

A lot of photo storage providers (eg. google photos, amazon photos, dropbox) allow you to make your private photos shareable by allowing you to generate a link such as:

photos.app.goo.gl/opi1dhutYuUbChqP7 (for google photos).

I have had a look at the demo site and if I want to use a shareable link such as the above, I get the message shown in the photo which requires a file type extension which makes it impossible to use shareable links.
I would definitely want to be able to use shareable links from my community, am I missing something that would enable me to be able to?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #334499 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Shareable Links
The URL has to respond with a proper media file attachment header or it won't work there. There's nothing we can do about URLs that don't respond with the proper headers. Google Photos shareable URLs don't share the photo itself it shares a URL to Google Photos. CB Gallery supports copy + paste of images though. Right click the image, click copy image, then paste while on the CB Gallery upload page and it should upload.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #334501 by petercw
Replied by petercw on topic Shareable Links
Hi,

I understand I just wanted to save on storage costs that was all it might get pricey if I have a lot of users. 

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn