CB Subs - Custom Field for Upgrade Plan

14 years 11 months ago #96323 by mmichaelbiz
CB Subs - Custom Field for Upgrade Plan was created by mmichaelbiz
Hello CB Subs Team,

I am looking to do the following using CB Subs but I am not sure if it is possible.

I have 2 plans:

a) a standard registration which gives users access to the site,

b) an upgrade option which they can choose to have if desired.

I want the user to be able to fill in a custom field when they sign up to plan b), the upgrade option. So basically if they sign up to just plan a) they do not need to fill in this field. If they then choose to go for the upgrade to plan b), I want to give them the option to fill in the custom text field.

I know that the CB Fields Plugin can be used to automatically populate a field but this is not quite what I need. I want to give the user the option to fill in the text field with a certain value. (This will contain an ID number that I will then use for other purposes related to plan b)

Is there a way to do this? At first I tried using the registration fields, hiding them for plan a) but not for plan b) but it did not show the field when trying to upgrade. In fact once you are registered, you no longer have the option to enter any information on any subsequent upgrades or subscriptions.

If this is not currently possible it could be a really neat feature to have.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Kind Regards,
Mario

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96332 by nant
mmichaelbiz wrote:

Hello CB Subs Team,

I am looking to do the following using CB Subs but I am not sure if it is possible.

I have 2 plans:

a) a standard registration which gives users access to the site,

b) an upgrade option which they can choose to have if desired.

I want the user to be able to fill in a custom field when they sign up to plan b), the upgrade option. So basically if they sign up to just plan a) they do not need to fill in this field. If they then choose to go for the upgrade to plan b), I want to give them the option to fill in the custom text field.

I know that the CB Fields Plugin can be used to automatically populate a field but this is not quite what I need. I want to give the user the option to fill in the text field with a certain value. (This will contain an ID number that I will then use for other purposes related to plan b)

Is there a way to do this? At first I tried using the registration fields, hiding them for plan a) but not for plan b) but it did not show the field when trying to upgrade. In fact once you are registered, you no longer have the option to enter any information on any subsequent upgrades or subscriptions.

If this is not currently possible it could be a really neat feature to have.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Kind Regards,
Mario

Plan upgrades do not go through registration process again.

The field would be editable during user profile editing.

So currently your best work-around would be to state in the plan description that the user should update his profile to fill-in the appropriate value to this new field.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/04/24 13:38

14 years 11 months ago #96342 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re:CB Subs - Custom Field for Upgrade Plan
Thanks Nant, I have already implemented this work around! I was hoping there was a neater way to do it but never mind - perhaps a new CBSubs plugin is in order?!

One thing I am having trouble with, with regards to the work around, is I want to lock this field from editing once the user has subscribed to the Upgrade plan - plan b) in my example.

I tried using the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect plugin but it does not seem to work - probably the way I have set it up.

Can you give me a few pointers to accomplish this please...

Regards,
Mario

14 years 11 months ago #96348 by nant
mmichaelbiz wrote:

Thanks Nant, I have already implemented this work around! I was hoping there was a neater way to do it but never mind - perhaps a new CBSubs plugin is in order?!

One thing I am having trouble with, with regards to the work around, is I want to lock this field from editing once the user has subscribed to the Upgrade plan - plan b) in my example.

I tried using the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect plugin but it does not seem to work - probably the way I have set it up.

Can you give me a few pointers to accomplish this please...

Regards,
Mario

not sure what the need is.

can you give me an end-to-end use case?

14 years 11 months ago #96394 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re:CB Subs - Custom Field for Upgrade Plan
Yes, from what you described before, I would have a field that the user could update with the information required for the upgrade plan b).

The process would be as follows:

- User would register to plan a)
- User would then go to profile and fill in the "plan b) text field"
- User would then upgrade to plan b)

Once the user is subscribed/upgraded to plan b) I want to automatically make the "plan b)text field" read only so that the value can no longer be changed.

14 years 11 months ago #96421 by nant
mmichaelbiz wrote:

Yes, from what you described before, I would have a field that the user could update with the information required for the upgrade plan b).

The process would be as follows:

- User would register to plan a)
- User would then go to profile and fill in the "plan b) text field"
- User would then upgrade to plan b)

Once the user is subscribed/upgraded to plan b) I want to automatically make the "plan b)text field" read only so that the value can no longer be changed.

ok - i understand a little better.

You could create a new CB field that is readonly and is only available to plan B subscribers.

As part of the plan B subscription process, you could use the CB Fields integration plugin to copy the value of the other cb field which is available in plan a (but not available in plan b) to this plan B cb field.

Once again:

+ create 2 CB fields
+ field #1 would be read/write but only available for plan A
+ field #2 would be read only and only available for plan b
+ in plan b integration subtab (CB Fields) assign value [field#1] to field#2

This should work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn